The Human Resource Generalist will work closely with the HR Director and Firm Controller. He or she will lead the firm’s efforts in interviewing and onboarding staff as well as administering payroll and benefits.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Process payroll on a semi-monthly basis, ensuring the accuracy of paychecks, the processing of taxes, and required reporting.
- Maintain firm Balanced Scorecard and payroll operations by following policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least one year of human resource management experience is preferred.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation.
- SHRM-CP is a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
To apply for this position:
For more information, view the Zip Recruiter post for this position.