Under moderate supervision, the Staff Accountant position is accountable for tax functions of smaller engagements; with increased client contact, more complex technical challenges, and beginning supervisory responsibilities for the work of lower level professional staff.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting. Candidates must have an active CPA license or be CPA eligible with plans to take the exam.
- Develop deeper knowledge of tax functions
- Prepares all types of accounting products for assigned clients ensuring that all financial data are recorded consistent with established policies and procedures, including compilations, projections, reviews, etc.
- Planning, budgeting, time control, working with client personnel, client relations, and possibly supervising a staff assistant.
- Mentors interns
- Consults with the manager or partner(s) on problems offering recommendations concerning solutions.
- Develops efficiencies and looks for value-added opportunities for clients
- Develops and train expertise in a software champion and coaching area for the Firm
The mission and values of our firm set the cultural foundation of the firm. All employees are required to agree with our mission and values and make them a priority during their employment. Our values are Integrity, Client Service Orientation, People Focus, Positive Attitude, and Ownership. Our mission is to create long-lasting relationships with our clients and employees by providing services through mutually profitable partnering alliances and by attracting and retaining the best employees who share our commitment to excellence and our dedication to professionalism. Above all, to glorify God in everything we do.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
To apply for this position
For more information, view the Zip Recruiter post for this position.