Under the supervision of the firm’s Controller, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for maintaining financial records, monthly accounts payable and accounts receivable and monitoring firm accounts. He or she will manage the daily deposits, learn to code documents according to firm procedures and ensure account data is accurate and complete. The accounting clerk will also maintain the firm employee expenses software and support the CPAs with client billing. Positions available in Springfield & Branson.
- Daily input deposits into accounts receivable software and apply payments.
- Daily prepare and process bank deposits.
- Prepare and send accounts receivable invoices to clients per monthly schedule.
- Maintain schedule of client accounts receivable payments.
- Review accounts receivable invoices for accuracy.
- Input accounts payable invoices, accurately record to expense accounts, and process accounts payable checks bi-monthly.
- Assist Controller with budget preparation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent with Microsoft Excel
- Computer skills
- Detail – Oriented
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or 8+ years of experience in the field.
- Relevant experience in AR, AP and Company Financials.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
About Abacus CPAs, LLC and this position:
The mission and values of our firm set the cultural foundation of the firm. All employees are required to agree with our mission and values and make them a priority during their employment. Our values are Integrity, Client Service Orientation, People Focus, Positive Attitude, and Ownership. Our mission is to create long-lasting relationships with our clients and employees by providing services through mutually profitable partnering alliances and by attracting and retaining the best employees who share our commitment to excellence and our dedication to professionalism. Above all, to glorify God in everything we do.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
To apply for this position:
For more information, view the Zip Recruiter post for this position.